Privacy Statement for online job applicants
Barry Callebaut considers privacy an important issue. This Privacy Statement outlines the types of personal data we gather when you use the online job application section of Barry Callebaut's website (the 'Careers section') on http://careers.barry-callebaut.com and sets forth the terms for the processing of your personal data, in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. These principles apply to personally identifying data such as your name, physical address, e-mail address or other personal data that you provide by using the Careers section or we ask for (hereafter jointly 'personal data').
The Privacy Statement forms part of the Careers section's Terms and Conditions, which can be consulted here. As far as this Privacy Statement does not address a specific question, the general website privacy statement will apply to your use of and access to the Careers section. In case of an inconsistency between the Privacy Statement and the general website privacy statement, this Privacy Statement shall prevail.
By using and accessing the Careers section and/or by sharing your personal data, you acknowledge and agree with the terms set forth in the present Privacy Statement. In case you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, we ask you not to further make use or access the Careers section. In the event you share personal data of others via the Careers section, you warrant that you have disclosed the terms of this Privacy Statement to the person concerned and that this person has accepted these terms.
Barry Callebaut may at any time in its sole discretion revise the Privacy Statement by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore visit this page upon each access to the Careers section to review the then current Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement has last been updated in September 2014. The term "Barry Callebaut" refers to the Barry Callebaut Group or its representatives. The term "Barry Callebaut Company" refers to any legal entity within the Barry Callebaut Group or owned by Barry Callebaut.
Purpose of the Careers section
- This Careers section may be used only by individuals seeking employment and career information from Barry Callebaut. Use for any other purpose is strictly prohibited.
Collecting and processing your data
- If you register for the Careers section, you will be asked to provide personal data to Barry Callebaut. We will only request information from you which is reasonably necessary for the identification and evaluation of potential candidates for our positions.
- You agree that your personal data shall be collected, put in a database and processed by Barry Callebaut. Barry Callebaut will process the personal data you enter on the Careers section in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Information submitted by you will be used to identify and evaluate you for positions at Barry Callebaut. Barry Callebaut will not use information submitted by you for any other purpose, except as specified by these terms, or with your consent.
Sharing of your data
- Barry Callebaut may share anonymous or aggregate information with third party service providers. Examples of this include user trends or the number of users who accessed the Careers section. This aggregated data does not include any personal data.
- By providing personal data to us, you agree that your personal data may be stored by and transferred to any Barry Callebaut Company, any of its subcontractors or other third party recipient located within or outside your country of residence or (open) position location who provide services to Barry Callebaut related to identification and evaluation for the purpose of candidate authentication and verification of the submitted information.
- Your personal data will be accessed by Barry Callebaut human resources functions and by managers responsible for positions for the purposes of evaluation. Technical staff may access your personal data when necessary for the technical administration of this system.
- Barry Callebaut may also disclose your personal data to regulatory authorities (including tax authorities), government agencies, Law Enforcement authorities, parties (including our legal or other advisors) in legal proceedings involving Barry Callebaut, third parties with whom we may collaborate or engage in acquisition transactions, or where otherwise required by applicable law.
- These third parties may only use your personal data for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement, and Barry Callebaut has taken steps to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with these terms by any service provider we engage.
- Some of the recipients of your personal data may be based in jurisdictions which are deemed not to offer an adequate level of data protection. Barry Callebaut warrants that the recipients of your personal data located in jurisdictions not offering an adequate level of data protection as required are processing your personal data in accordance with strict privacy and data protection restrictions.
Protecting your data
- Barry Callebaut is committed to protecting the personal data you share with us. In support of this commitment, we have implemented appropriate technical, physical andorganizational measures to protect your personal data against: unauthorized or accidental destruction, alteration or disclosure; misuse; damage; theft or accidental loss; or unauthorized access.
- In addition, access to your personal data by Barry Callebaut employees is restricted to those employees who need to know that data in order to fulfill your request.
- In compliance with applicable data protection law, you have the right to know which of your personal data is processed. You are also entitled to examine the personal data relating to you and, if necessary, have incorrect data corrected and irrelevant data deleted.
In case you have any questions, if you would like more information about how we process your personal data or if you want to exercise your right to access, correction and deletion, please contact us.